Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a rock that has Hebrew writing on it I am told it

Customer Question

I have a rock that has Hebrew writing on it I am told it means Alpha tav. I have heard that it means the beginning and the end and is referred to a lot in the Bible. I was wondering if this was true and if this rock is a valuable Rock. Is it a stamp or some kind of a signature or just what is it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations. I will not send a message to you asking for a phone call. If you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me. It is an automated message from elsewhere.
.

.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.

Can you send a picture of the back of this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here are some pictures of the back of the rock I also tell if you have the side and a couple more of the front.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This rock was found in texas. Was told it was found 20 feet deep. They were doing some sort of dredging, pipeline, or something. Plz let me know what it is for sure and if it is valuable. Thank you

Hello

I am unable to find any rock that looks like the rock you have. The best thing for you to do is to take this to an appraiser in your area so they can look at this close up to determine just what this is and what the value is. They may also recommend you have this tested for age. I can find you a list of appraisers in your area if you like, some you can call.

Glenda