Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a Waltham pocket watch of my great grandmothers that

Customer Question

I have a Waltham pocket watch of my great grandmothers that I would like to know more about. It is in a hunting gold case that is stamped on the back inside cover with "keystone 14k: and what looks like a small symbol with a C in it. There are no serial numbers on the working face, but inside both the top and bottom covers are the numbers4724841 in a "V" pattern. I also have the case it came in that says C.H. Coles & Son Jewelers***** Gainesville, Fla. Her name was Nicey Day Crown, and her monogram is on the front.
Thank you!
Lisa Sutton
Sanford, FL
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
I would need to know the serial number on the watch (the numbers you gave are case numbers and do not help date the watch).
The serial number on a watch is on the movement (guts) and not on the case. Let me know that number and I can tell you a lot about your watch.