rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

While cleaning out my deceased father n law cabinets I came

Customer Question

While cleaning out my deceased father n law cabinets I came across a 3 piece set of stainless steal 1906 Rostfrei Solingen knife, cleaver knife, and sharpener with beautiful antler handles with engraved pictures of deer on the cleaver and knife. Cleaned up i would say are in good to better than good shape. Are they worth anything
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please see attached pictures
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am trying to load more pictures but it won't allow. You should have 4 pictures.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Worked that time

This is a stainless steel and stag antler carving set made by Ernst Knecht and CO of Solingen, Germany in the 1960 time period when these were imported to the Us from Germany. The word Rostfrei is the German word for rust-free technically translated, but refers to stainless steel.

The set has a value of $ 80 to $100 for the set.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.