Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a painted bisque head doll. 29" socket head on ball

Customer Question

I have a painted bisque head doll. 29" socket head on ball jointed composition body. The mark on the back of her head is: HEUBACH Koppelsdorf. Below that is a circle with the letters SUR and a 1/2 sun with rays at the bottom. The mold # ***** ***** 6 1/4 is in the other side of the circle. Below is: GERMANY. Any info would be welcomed!! I have never seen a painted bisque head or that mark before.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations. I will not send a message to you asking for a phone call. If you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me. It is an automated message from elsewhere.
.
.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you. Click the link to see the history of the doll maker.
.
http://www.dollreference.com/heubach_ernst_dolls.html

Are you wanting a value for your doll?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like a value for my doll if I don't have to pay extra for it. I just spent $48.00 on information I already have. I was trying to find out about the dolls they produced with PAINTED bisque heads as opposed to fired bisque. I am wanting to list this doll for sale in my shop but I don't feel I have enough information to properly describe her!

Hello

I have no way of knowing what information a customer can have if they do not tell me. Your question was " Any info would be welcomed!! I have never seen a painted bisque head or that mark before." so I thought you did not know they made this style doll head.

I do not work for the just answer site, appraisers come to the site to value items customers post there, so I am not familiar with what you have paid for.

I am not sure I follow when you say " I don't feel I have enough information to properly describe her"

What are you wanting to know exactly?

Glenda

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have been selling, buying and collecting old dolls for over 50 years. This is the first PAINTED bisque head I have ever encountered. I simply wanted to write a more knowledgeable description for my online customers who are not familiar with this type of doll. Silly me, I thought someone might be able to give me more information but evidently not. Thank you for your time

Hello

As we are an online appraisal site, I thought you came here for a value for your doll. I have no way to know you want a history on Painted Bisque Dolls. I had no way of knowing what you really wanted exactly, were you wanting me to write the description of the doll for you?

I am not following exactly what exact information you are looking for. I am more then happy to provide any information you are wanting if it can be found.

Glenda