Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers

I have a the Beautiful Bride doll given to me as a child.

Customer Question

I have a Betty the Beautiful Bride doll given to me for Christmas as a child. Her arm connections have gotten a oft and she developed a moldy smell while in storage. She doesn't show exterior signs of mold. How do I remove smell and repair or replace arm connections or who can do it for me? I live in the 98584 zip code.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 3 months ago.

Hi Barbara,

My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help.

I highly recommend the Taggerty Doll Clinic in Elmira, New York. You can contact them to inquire about fixing your doll and how much that will cost. Once you agree that this is the solution for you, you can ship the doll to them.

Here is their web site. You should visit and explore to learn about them:

You might also want to contact:

Dancing Dolls and the Doll Nursery

Seattle, WA 98115

(###) ###-####/p>

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Barbara. I know how frustrated you must be.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!