Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers

Value of vintage china

Customer Question

Value of vintage china
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 3 months ago.

Hello Patty,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please upload clear pictures of the front of one plate and the hallmarks on the back. Also, I'll need a list of exactly which pieces you have and how many of each.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

Go to

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
12 each dinner plates salad plates soup bowls, cups and saucers. 3 graduated sized serving dishes, covered serving bowl, gravy boat
Not sure how to upload pcs. Don't see attachment icon

There are complete directions on the help page to which I provided a link. Also, look for the paper clip icon above your answer box.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no paper clip icon on the reply box. Have followed other directions and run into snags. Will forward by email
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Forgot attachments! Will resend.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Or see if this works
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I have your pictures!

I'm going to do some research and get back to you in a few moments.

HI again, Patty.

This pattern was discontinued in the 1960s.

If all the pieces are in excellent condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of this set is approximately $700. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $280, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Patty.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Hi Patty,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.

Best regards,