rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Wondering if you could tell me if an Dzigurski painting

Customer Question

Wondering if you could tell me if an Alexander Dzigurski painting "Emerald Sea" is original by the numbers printed on the back?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The number printed on the back is 29-145, 9020-796
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not really. It was found in the attic at my grandmothers when we recently cleaned out her house.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

If a painting has numbers or labels on the back, that is an indication that the piece is a reproduction and not an original painting.

This particular piece is a known lithograph (print) that was published and framed by Windsor Art Products and the Franklin Mint over different years (same value), this piece has a current value of $100 to $125.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.