AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have a German Army Dagger in excellent condition. My uncle

Customer Question

I have a German Army Dagger in excellent condition. My uncle brought it back from WWII. It is stamped by the maker ROBT KLAAS, SOLINGEN. It has silver-plated hilt, oak leaf pommel, ferrule and crossguard with an eagle. It has a yellow handle. The scabbard and hanger are in excellent condition as well. I'd like to know its value, if any. Thanks for the help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

This is a WWII German officer's dagger, or heer.

The Whermarcht authorized the creation of the German Army officer dagger in May of 1935. The daggers were issued to all German Army officers between the periods of 1935 to 1945.

At retail, the value would be approximately $500.00. You could expect to get $250-$300 at auction.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see you have not yet accepted or rated my answer. Do you have further questions on these items?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

How do I rate an answer?

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer.