Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Antique lamps

Customer Question

antique lamps
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations. I will not send a message to you asking for a phone call. If you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me. It is an automated message from elsewhere.
.
.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
Are they marked with a maker?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
can't find one as of yet...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
poss>bly under felt...???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
do you want another photo close up?

It is possible it is under there. Usually that is who made the metal base, not the lamp.

yes, that would be great.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
photos sent. hope they help a little. not sure if it's ceramic or porcelain, however, sorry.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
do you have any price range for shipping purposes and insurance?

Hello

Yes, these appear to be Dresden Style from Germany. What size are these.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
30X10X8 inches

Hello

Are you wanting the value based on what to insure them for in order to mail them out?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please. That would be great.

Hello
.
.
.

.
.
The Dresden style Lamps have an estimated value of $750.00-800.00 each, ( these are not easily replaced ) These will sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give.
.
You must click one of the stars ( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question.

.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
Please Rate this in order for me to get credit for my work from the Justanswer site.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.
.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda