Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

I have a roll top desk to sell. Dimensions are 54" top and

Customer Question

I have a roll top desk to sell. Dimensions are 54" top and 43" ht. It is tongue and groove. Its like a puzzle to put it together. The drawer sides have connecting pieces to set the base before setting the top on it. 3 drawers on the left side, center drawer and with 1 shallow and 1 deep drawer on the right side. It was my brother in laws father, estimated age is 80 + years old. How would you recommend pricing for an estate sale?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I had a 1930s roll top desk that was a puzzle, too.

The best estate sale price for your style roll top desk would be $350-400 assuming good condition and depending on sale location.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" at the first of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

If another professional enters our exchanges after my answer here, please feel free to tell them you are working with me, if you wish.