Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a painting given to my father and mother by s uncle

Customer Question

I have a painting given to my father and mother by his uncle when they were married in 1942. He was an art collector and lived in Denver. Last name was Cochran. I cannot make out the signature. It looks like
C T N? U L D
The C & T look quite clear and appear to be Capital letters but the last 5 letters are less clear.
The middle rt of the painting shows several houses and a church with a meadow in front. Further toward the bottom of the painting is a old wooden fence that separates the meadow from a small pond with rushes on each side and trees (full height) covering 1/4 plus of the left side of the painting. The sky and moon are quite dark as is the painting
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** and I am an IRS qualified fine and decorative art appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my training, experience and research library to work for you.

It would help if I can see images of the painting. One of the whole work front and back plus one of the signature.

Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to: Or you can

email the photographs to***@******.*** attention Timothy in antiques.