Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Model 1850 Infantry Officers sword, manufactured by

Customer Question

I have a Model 1850 Infantry Officers sword, manufactured by C. Roby Chelmsford Ma., identified and documented as battle carried through the Peninsular Campaign 1862 by 1st Lt Orin J. Fitch 81st NY Volunteer Infantry. Sword was a private purchase by Fitch in January 1862. Lt. Fitch was injured at Battle of Malvern Hill and contracted malaria. He was discharged in late 1862. Sword is complete in all respects including full leather scabbard ( engraved) with original belt hanger hardware and traces of the original sword belt. Condition is pristine and original owing to the his short active service.
Seeking appraisal value for insurance purposes.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda