Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have tickets to the Antique Roadshow in Fort Worth on July

Customer Question

I have tickets to the Antique Roadshow in Fort Worth on July 23. I am bringing a large approximately 400 pound metal antique dome chest (29w x 20h x 20d) to the show. This chest appears to be from what I can find online, a German armada war chest from the 17th century or before. I have not ever seen one like it. It has the intricate lid locking mechanism that is functional and releases bolts to unlock and to open the chest. There is a large key inside a dome lock top box on the top of the chest. One has to know where the secret button is on the side of the lock top box to access the large key to open the chest itself. There are also two small keys which open each of the padlocks, stamped Goliath, on the front of the chest.
I would appreciate hearing your comments.
Catheryne ******** ******** Texas (***) ***-**** email: ************@*****.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is Jennifer.I"m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

If you can upload a photo of the piece, and a close-up of any details, I'm happy to take a preliminary look for you.

https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Jennifer