Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a colored whiskey bottle from The Campus Gossler

Customer Question

I have a amber colored whiskey bottle from The Campus Gossler Bro.Prop's N.W.COR.104 STR.& Columbus Av. it is 9 1/2" tall. I can find a hand full of them out there with a single applied handle. The one I own has a double applied handle on each side. How can I find another like it to figure the value? When I bought it, it had came out of an estate online auction through Glass Works. It had been in the collection since mid 1980's. It was noted to be the only one that had surfaced when I purchased it about 3 years ago. I can not find another to date. Where are these bottles? Why does this one have double handles and all the others single? Is it one of a kind? Thanks, Steve
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the bottle, bottom, and and marks or labels.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried sending photo's not sure if they went through. Please let me know if they came through. Thanks, Steve

I did not get photos here in the text box.

The Add Files feature seems to work best if you add one, hit send, then do the next.

If that just doesn't work, email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
rarewares, I have sent the pictures of the whiskey bottle that I am trying to find another like. Keep in mind the difference in the one I own is the double applied handles. The only ones that seem to have ever surfaced have a single applied handle. I would love to find another double handled bottle as the previous owner since 1985 had not been able to find another like it with the double applied handles. Let me know what you think. Steve
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you!!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just checking to make sure pictures came through. I haven't heard anything back. Steve
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you tell me if you received the pictures of the whiskey bottle? I haven't heard anything back. I have gotten answers on the other 2 items. Just wondering about this one. Thanks, Steve
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 3 months ago.

Hi Steve,

It looks like the original appraiser is no longer available. So sorry for the delay! I'll look into this for you right now.

So sorry, I am completely unable to find any information on why it has two handles!