Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.

Any general info on this piece would be great. Than you

Customer Question

Any general info on this piece would be great. Than you kindly for your time. Like used for, year, made of, from, apx value, war, etc, please ..
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry the previous questions were for an antique knife I wanted to ask info ABT. But the paintings/art Is what I really need info on. Like circa. And type. Oil water color etc . Apx Values estimates etc and ANY other info that might be useful and help me to sell the piece nc I know NOTHING ABT ANY OF IT AND NEED HELP don't wanna sell a $1000+ price for $5 YA KNW and I have tons of family heirlooms I'm having to sale to save my home. Unfortunately sorry to say. I also have lots of antique silver, silver coins and us and foreign currency and all different types of antiques including linens. Furniture etc. PLEASESEE help me. Thank you so much sincerely April
Expert:  Robert S. replied 3 months ago.

Hi April,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your pieces. However, normally we only do one (or perhaps two if they are related) item appraisals per question as that's how we get paid by JustAnswers, but I've looked through all the wall art pieces you photographed and the only item of any reasonable value is the watercolor of the coastal scene.

This is an original watercolor (aquarelle) by a French artist called François Gilletta Cambianis and signed lower left Giletta Cambianis by the artist. He was active around 1910 and known for these Mediterranean coastal scenes, primarily the Cote D'Azure and Nice in the south of France.

He's a minor artist, not much known about out of his native France, but he is 'listed' and if you were to sell on line (eBay etc) you should be able to get $50 - $80 for it.

The other pieces would fall into the yard sale or estate sale price range of $10 - $20.

The black, limited edition etching of the Spanish colonial mission painting and the Victorian print of the little girl, these two, perhaps a little more, $30 - $40 each.

I do hope this helps.

Best wishes,