rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a handmade pottery ashtray do not know the markings

Customer Question

I have a handmade pottery ashtray do not know the markings on the bottom. I have pics I can send someone to identify this thing.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry (bottom).
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the ashtray as well.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My god mother got me this from a country that she visited 28 years ago and told me it was worth a lot of money so don't use it as an ashtray.

Thank you.

This is a pottery ashtray made in the 1950-60's time period in Italy for Rosenthal-Netters.

Rosenthal Netters used foil stickers back then, so that piece must have fallen off at some point.

This ashtray has a value of $45 to $65.00 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.