rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have some old fish plates and have know idea what they are

Customer Question

I have some old fish plates and have know idea what they are worth. I was told 30 yrs ago they were worth a lot of money.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the set and any marks, labels or writing. Look within the design to see if the artist signed them as well.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I hope these pictures would help they seem to be from France

I did get photos, thank you. You have two different sets here. Which mark is on which set?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The one that starts with a B is on the game plates. One starts with an L is on the fish plates

Thank you.

You have an Alfred Lanternier of Limoges, France fish set that was made and decorated by the same company (hence the two marks; one is maker other is decorator which were sometimes different companies). The two marks help date the fish service to 1890 to 1900. This is a partial service, a full service had 12 plates, platter and sauce boat. This set consisting of platter and six serving plates has a current value of $400.00 retail.

The other set is Bavarian porcelain, the mark being PM for Porzellanfabrik Moschendorf, more commonly called Moschendorf Porcelain of Germany. This mark dates the game plates to the years between 1904 to 1938. These five game plates have a value of $45 each or $225 for the set.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.