Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a pitcher and wash basin, on the bottom it has royal

Customer Question

I have a pitcher and wash basin, on the bottom it has royal ironstone china- Alfred Meakin LTD- England
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I don't know much about it except that it has been passed down in generations.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is 15.5 inches across, 5 inches deep. The pitcher is 10 inches tall and 8 inches wide.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 10 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Alfred Meakin pitcher and basin.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the mark on the base as so much of the value of an item such as this is the artistic merit of the form and decoration.

Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Alternatively, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone they would have photos posted here in about two minutes. Thanks R.