Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am a. My family has in its possession the mate to the

Customer Question

I am a Jackson. My family has in its possession the mate to the dueling pistol used by ***** ***** in the Dickinson fuel in 1810. Andrew gave this pistol, along with a boot awl, to someone in our family, which has been passed down. Realizing Andrew and Rachel had no direct descendants, I don't know which relative of Andrew's was given the pistol nor how it came into my family's possession. Probably by one of Andrew's uncles or first cousins?
My Father was Henry Earl Jackson; b. 12/4/1898, in Jackson, GA; his was Sarah ***** *****, born in Griffin, GA in 1860. Her family came from Georgia by covered wagon to Jasper, Texas, where she married my Grandfather Jackson. The Jackson Bros. Store that he built with home made bricks is still in Jasper, Texas, owned by a Judge Jackson. I don't know if we are related or not.
We have a lot of greatness in our family and I love to think it is inherited from Andrew, who was a great man. Can you help me establish my ancestry to ***** ***** and how in the world we'd have such treasured belongings in our family? Thank you.
Benita ***** ***** Swanson
b. 2/26/1936, Silsbee, TX
Brothers: Ross ***** *****, b. 12/25/1934, Silsbee, Texas
Joel Wright Jackson, b. 3/3/1940, San Augustine, Texas
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 5 months ago.

Sorry I am an appraiser you need a genealogist to help you track your family history.