AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.

I have a ceasar head bust that belonged to my Grandfather

Customer Question

I have a ceasar head bust that belonged to my Grandfather and it is 23 inches in height and 14.5 inches in width. I am not exactly sure what material it is made of but I do have several photos. Could you assist in providing me with a estimated value?
Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There was only the photo of the piece that came with your original inquiry.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of any foundry marks or signatures that would be on the back or bottom.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I took a few additional photos of the bottom of the platform and a closer photo of some marks I noticed along with 3 photos of the back of the bust. I did not notice any writing and hope maybe you would notice a identifying mark. Thank you for reviewing!

I thought this was bronze when I saw the one photo, but it has been poured in a mold, so it must be a clay/pottery material if it is not metal.

Since it is not bronze, I will opt-out and allow another expert to step in and answer if they know what this is and where it might have come from.

Once I opt-out, I cannot respond. The next expert will see our conversation and your photos.

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

This is a 20th century reproduction of a classic Roman statue of Caeser Augustus of Primaporta. These reproductions are still available:

Unfortunately, the value is only decorative, perhaps $100.

I see you have not yet accepted or rated my answer. Do you have further questions on these items?

How do I rate an answer?

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer.