Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a 10 piece set of haviland. A large serving dish 8

Customer Question

I have a 10 piece set of haviland. A large serving dish 8 cake size plates and w square plates. The have game birds on them. Mark on back CFH GDM IN green. Can you give me an idea what they are worth. They are in great shape.
Thanks
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the set and any marks, labels or writing. I would like to see the mark on the bottom of one plate and I would like you to look within the designs on the plates for an artist's signature.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have taken pictures, but it tells me the files are too big. Can I email the pictures or send them by text?

You can email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.
Use the same email that you used when creating your account so that they will recognize you.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will do.
Thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Pictures sent. Let me know what you think.
Thanks.

The photo of the back mark went through in the text area here. Maybe try this same method for a picture of the set as well.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I sent the rest by email. The mark picture was not a big file. I have two of each of the round cake plate sizes. The birds appear to be hand painted but I can't see a signature on the dishes. You may have better eyes or know where to look.
Thanks again.

Okay, these should reach me by tomorrow. They get forwarded by a third party, so that is why it takes a bit.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think I sent pictures by snapfish today. If this doesn't work I don't know what else I can do. Let me know if you get them.
Thanks

If you sent them to the email that I suggested earlier, then I should get them today at some point.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did send them to where you told me and they responded the files were too big and I needed to send them using a service like snapfish. This I did today so you probably won't get them until tomorrow if it works. I

Okay, we will keep in touch.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you get the pictures?

No, I let customer support know that the links you sent were only instructions for downloading snapfish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I can't send you the pictures because they are bigger than 5MB, then I guess you won't be able to give me an opinion. So can you get me a refund. Thank you.

I can, yes. I would not want to make a 'guess' without seeing the set, so I am sorry for that.

I will send your request to customer service.