LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

I am looking estimated value of a figural lamp.

Customer Question

I am looking for an estimated value of a figural lamp.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you tell me a few things about this lamp? How tall is the lamp, is the lamp porcelain, resin or metal? Is the cord material covered or modern cording? Are the white spacers just under the light bulbs plastic or cardboard? This will all help in giving you information and an accurate value. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello! Thanks for the quick response. I will send you detailed answers in the morning, but for now all I know is that this lamp is extremely heavy. So, it is made of some type of metal. I also attached a few other photos

Thank you for the photos and I look forward to helping you.

This lamp is Italian done in 1880-1900 era and from I have found made of cast iron. It was done in the art nouveau style and would have been a center lamp for a main table. The value is 350-425.00 and the cord on the lamp looks to be from the 1930-1940s so it was rewired or wired from the start at this time. It could have been a lamp for candles to begin with however I can not tell by the photos.

If I may be of further assistance please let me know. I am always happy to help.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site.

Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.