rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a rectangular 10x7" dish marked H&Co L France dated

Customer Question

I have a rectangular 10x7" dish marked H&Co L France dated Feb 1 1877
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent picture of the dish the same day

If you used the Add Files feature, there are none here.
You can't email to the general site, I will not get them. If you email, you must
email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line and be sure to use the same email that you used when you signed up for your account so they will recognize your account.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.

Expert:  rarewares replied 2 months ago.

I got the email in my inbox just now.

This is an ice cream tray made by Haviland and Co of Limoges, France in 1876-77.

An ice cream tray would have held a square of ice cream and there would have been matching serving dishes.

The set was purchased as blank white china and decorated at home by the person that wrote the date on the back in 1877.

This was a common hobby for ladies back then. Learning the art of painting china was like scrap booking is today.

This ice cream tray with a hand painted design has a current value of $75 to $100.00 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.