Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I inherited some Italian landscape antique art several years

Customer Question

I inherited some Italian landscape antique art several years ago and believe it could be of value. It is not signed. It belonged to my husband's grandfather's family and is rumored to have been stolen from Nazi's during WW2 and taken from Adolf Eichmann from a mistress and given to a family member to help her escape. It has been passed down in the family a couple times. How can I validate this when I don't know the author and everyone that would know in the family is dead and gone?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising paintings for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Is there anything written non the back? Could even be something written on the wood stretcher.
Can you post a photo of the back?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/musical-instrument-appraisal/8wnlx-fully-restored-knabe-concert-ii-grand-piano-1-3.html#ixzz3SrmNodYA