rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a watercolour of Polperro Cornwall. Dated1863, signed

Customer Question

I have a watercolour of Polperro Cornwall. Dated1863, signed bottom rh edge CSM in block capitals (hidden by framing). Size (as framed) approx 16x22 ins. Purchased in Hobart Tasmania.
It looks Turnerish but lacks the foreground detail. The green paint has faded compared with the unexposed edges hidden by framing.
Do you have knowledge of the artist CSM?
I used to live in Polperro as a child, now reside in Tasmania.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your reply. I have previously fowarded all the available information you seek including a photograph, see above.
I thought I was dealing with a UK web site and local expertise. To ask you as a USA expert to chase down some possibly obscure British painter is going to be time consuming and expensive. I have checked many sites nominating artist information without success so far. So, thank you for interest but I would ask you to proceed no further on my request.I assume this limits my commitment to your organisation to $5. Please advise if this is not correct. I am wary on dealing on the internet. Thanks again. Rod Harris

If you used the Add Files feature to add pictures, there are none here.
You can't email to the general site, I will not get them. If you email, you must
email pictures to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques'

in the subject line and be sure to use the same email that you used when you

signed up for your account so they will recognize your account.
These do not arrive instantly, so thanks in advance for some patience when sending this way.