Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have inherited an antique clock .It looks like it is an

Customer Question

I have inherited an antique long clock .It looks like it is an oak case .Heigt 189 cm , width of cook top 48.5 cm, height of clock top 51cm. It has a metal clock face with flowers in each corner (colours gold,blue. green) .The dial has 'roman"numerals and the name "Moore" and "Worthing". It also chimes.Photos attached. Any Information would be appreciated.
Regards ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Do you mean T A Moore of Worthing England ? c1860

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Glenda ,The clock face only has the name "Moore" above the name "Worthing" I do not know if that is T C Moore .Did you get the photos????RegardsDave

Dave

I got one photo of the clock at a distance. I believe the clock is T A Moore of Worthing England 1800's. Clocks I found of his look very much like yours.

I can value this as T A Moore.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you Glenda ,Have you an approximate range of value ,if it is as you suggest a T C Moore?Again Thank you for your assistance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry Glenda ,I meant T A Moore , I also apologies for my Tardy responses due to the time difference in Australia where I am .

Hello

I thought you meant that, and I totally understand the time difference.

.

Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations. I will not send a message to you asking for a phone call. If you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me. It is an automated message from elsewhere.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The T A Moore of Worthing England c 1860 Clock, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of 9,329.28 AUD - 11,331.55 AUD depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, One Kings Lane, 1stdibs all of which are on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give.

.

You must click one of the stars ( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
Please Rate this in order for me to get credit for my work from the Justanswer site.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this question. I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda