LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have numerous older items that I need values on. Native

Customer Question

I have numerous older items that I need values on. Native American baskets, pottery, dolls and pictures. I have some Lead Crystal glasses and china items. There are also some animal figure's, Teddy Ruxpin doll and accessories, Christmas items, clock and a very large Southwestern numbered print (beautifully framed).I can provide pictures and I have documentation on a lot of the items that shows where and when they were purchased.Look forward to hearing from you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** would be happy to help you I am a certified appraiser. I can look over a few items at a time so go ahead and post a few photos at time so we don't confused. I will need photo and measurements. Any onformation will help in the research also.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am taking photos now and I will try to group like items together. Thank you.

not a problem and no rush ...... I will check for them in morning and post my findings so we may move on to the next group. I shall be online at about 9 California time and continue all day to help complete these.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where do I send the pictures
Oh forgive me you may send them by email to***@******.*** and in the email please put 'forCustomer they will forward on to me. I will post back here as soon as I receive the photos so you know I recieved them
I look forward to seei.g them and helping you Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't get any e-mails to you. It keeps sending me a failure notice. I cut the number of photos from six to three and it still won't go through. I am sending it to***@******.***. Do you know if there may be a problem on your end?

I will email on my end and see what I can find out. I wondered what was happening as I have been watching for these. I have no idea what could be wrong as I have had photos by email the last two days on other questions. I will check and email the company and see if there is a glitch also if you email***@******.*** and let them know you aren't being able to send the photos through their email. See if they have any suggestions. I am the same as you are when it comes to the company as I am just a contractor certified to do appraisals. I will email them right now. Thank you for letting me know I look forward to seeing these and helping you.

I just received an email saying they received my email and linked me to a page of questions and answers here is a link on photos. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will try it this way. I have sent a total of ten e-mails today. I don't think any of them made it through.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I hope you get these. This was a lot easier.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you receive any of my pictures?

Hello thank you I have received these photos and will now go through them thank you so much.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I keep getting an e-mail to rate you. Am I supposed to wait until we're finished to do the rating? I still have quite a few items to take photos of and send to you. I am attaching the pictures of Teddy Ruxpin right now. I have Teddy and Grubby, six outfits and the airship with all parts and people. There is only one tape and Teddy and Grubby sing. Grubby's mouth doesn't move but Teddy's does. There is also fifteen story books.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you let me know the value of Teddy and items asap. There is a toy story here in Tucson that is interested in him.
Than you.

Hello thank you I will do Teddy and Grubby now and finish on the first sets tomorrow. Thank you for your patience and yes the rating is after I have completed my work for you. I do not have access to the emails you receive those come from the company. I am a contractor that just works doing the appraisals. I am sorry you are getting the emails as I have not asked to be rated yet nor completed my work for you to be rated. I appreciate your patience and letting me know.

Teddy Ruxpin- 1985 - works and mouth moves- looks to be in good condition. value 100.00

Grubby - Teddys friend 1985- works however mouth does not move-- fair condition value $30.00

6 outfits- value 90.00 clean and look to be in good condition out of box

1 cassette tape - value 10.00

15 story books- appear to be in good condition , if no writing or torn pages these would be considered in good condition - value 120.00

1 tape - 12.00

airship with all parts and people - 350.00 looks to be in excellent condition

total collection 712.00 to sell to a dealer or store they would want to buy to make a profit so you can ask for the collection as a whole 550-600.00 as a whole collection. They will counter the offer and you can deal from there. These appear to be out of box on all items however they are in good to excellent condition. It is best not to sell piece by piece but sell as a whole collection as you have everything here. The airship was sold for store displays and would hard to replace. It is a nice collection. I am still going through the first set of photos and will get those done by tomorrow if not tonight. thank you for your patience I appreciate you allowing me the time to get these done for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much for your quick response. I am going to the toy store tomorrow to see what they offer for the collection. I still have numerous items to photograph. I will be able to work on them tomorrow evening. I'll talk to you soon.

You are very welcome I am working on the first set of photos so I should be caught up by then Thank you I am glad to help.

image 773-774 Hall autumn leave bowl 22.40 from the 1930s

image 772 2 Vintage Iridescent Glass Flower Shaped Serving Bowl Dish 18.00 each 1950-60s period

2 quartz stone carved elephants 1970s era 22.00 each

cherry blossom ashtray 10.00 1980s

2 glass saltzers look to be crystal missing spoons and 1980s era 24.00 each

square glass individual ashtray 1950s period 22.50

image 782 cobalt blue small catch all glass three legged jar for rings and small dainty pieces would have set on a ladies dresser top gold painted legs. 1940-50s English and value is 28.00-32.00

image 778-779-777 Doulton Burslem, English biscuit/cookie jar and plate, 1886 era and jar has a value of 150.00 plate has a value of 85.00 both look to be in good condition free of chips or cracks.

This catches up on all items you have presented to date for appraisal Thank you

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site.

Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Lady Tanya,
The last group of images with the glass ware you missed a few items. The photo numbers are 787,788,789,793,794,795,798.
If you didn't receive them let me know and I will resend them. I still have a lot more to send, should I wait until we are completely done to rate you? I will be sending another group of pictures in a few minutes.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1. A Seiko Charming bell clock, it is in perfect condition, it plays six different tunes on the hour and the little figures move and spin.
2. A collection of wild life animals ranging in height from 4" to 7". Three have the same markings on the bottom, but the Cardinal is different. They are all in perfect condition except I chipped the Cardinal's tail very small. I covered it with some paint and you can hardly see it. I also have the display case.More coming.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3.This teapot was given to my brother by our aunt, she was 80yrs. at the time. She said it had been her mothers. So it is very old. There are no markings on it. It is in perfect condition, no chips or cracks. The gold ring around the lid is faded, other than that perfect.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry this picture jumped down a line. I am going to add the animals in the display case that I forgot to put in the first one.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry now that I have you really confused here is another that goes with the teapot. It did have markings on the bottom.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
4. These three little items are 2" and 3". The animal has no markings, I have no idea how old it is. The two ceramic items I know are very old.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
5. The gravy boat I have no history on it. It looks old, but not sure.
6. These glasses were given to my brother by a friend who was in his 80's. He said they belonged to his father.
7. This little lamp I have no history on but I know it is old.
8. This knife and fork my brother has had forever other than that no history. It says Universal on the knife.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
9. This little bar set I am not sure if this is old or not.
10.This sat on my mothers buffet when I was in 7th. grade which was 45 yrs. ago.
11. This was also my mothers. She had it when I was very young and I am 68 now. It has some damage.
12. This small vase was also my mothers.
13. I bought this little set of dishes for my mother when I was very young.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
14. Crucifix no history.
15. The pipe I have no history on, I know it is very old.That is the end of this group of pictures. There are more to come.

Hi Thank you I have not gotten these numbers The photo numbers are 787,788,789,793,794,795,798.

So, yes please resend or post these for me. i will be working on the ones I do have you posted today. Thank you and yes please wait until I am done to rate my answer. I like to complete the work before I am rated. Thank you for asking. Tanya

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Attached are the items that were missed. I am going to send a new group immediately after these. After that I should only have one more group. I really appreciate all you help and patients.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the next group.
1. Cigar box no history. My brother had for a long time. Inside it was this old syringe (for horses), the box of Marlboro matches, and some old keys.
2. RRPCo #305 huge potter bowl 14" across and 8" deep. It is in perfect condition.
3. Looks like a homemade box with 5 dolls inside.
First doll - Fairyland Toy Co. NO.OO - 10" - Made in USA - moving legs, arms, head and eyes - when you move legs head
moves.
Second doll - Ideal Doll - Ideal Toy Co. - 16" - Made in USA - moving legs, arms, head and eyes.
Third doll - No markings - 14" - moving legs, arms, head and eyes.
Fourth doll - Story Book Dolls - Trade Mark Reg. - 9" - Made in USA - legs, arms, head and eyes move
Fifth doll - Solid nothing moves. Appears to be Afro American - 4" - No markings
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
More dolls:
First doll - Markings MANN 1985 - Taiwan R.O.C. - 13" - arms, legs, head and eyes move.
Second - Markings Japan - Boy and Girl (porcelain I think) - 7" - Boy missing arms - Girl needs arms attached.
Third - No markings - Girl needs legs attached - missing a shoe - boy arms need attached.- Some form of plastic
Fourth - Markings Design Debut - 13" - Some type of ceramic - all parts move - perfect condition - in box with pillow and complete outfit.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Next - Piano drape tapestry - 85"L by 26"W - way over 100 yrs old - in perfect condition - I was given to my brother by a friend who passed when he was 80yrs old and it had belong to his parents. It is beautiful.Hand made children's clothes - Given to my brother by a lady that passed when she was 101yrs. that was six years ago. The clothes were her baby clothes. Other items were with the clothes such as old lace, hand crocheted doilies, table scarfs, monogrammed napkins. I only sent a few pictures of other items if you need more I will send them.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also in her belongs there was a flag feels like it is made out of silk. It is not a flag you could hang outside the material is to fragile. It has 48 stars on it. Also two story books The Angora Twins - 1915 - Stecher Lith Co. - Rochester, NY and Raggedy Ann Stories - Written and illustrated by Johnny Gruelle - PF Volland Co - 1918. and a dresser mirror. I can not determine what the metal is. It is monogrammed and fairly good codition.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Next are few items my brother has had for years. I don't know if they are worth anything or not. Looks like a little cake candle with matches inside, a box with eight packs of matches from a popular nightclub in Altoona, PA, a box of LaPetite matches with three holders that look like little books and to boxes of matches to go in them.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A couple of Christmas items - from Heritage Mint, LTD - A Caroling We Go, The Gift of Believing and Oh Tannanbaum. These are from 2003 so I doubt they are worth much. A manager set I have no idea how old it is. The figures appear to be some type of plastic. There is some damage. The top of the tree is broken off and the two lambs have missing legs.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Lady Tanya are you still with me?

Hello I am sorry for delay have had problems with internet the last few days however I am online now and have it fixed. I will be going through all these photos and getting the information posted tonight for you in full. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Lady Tanya, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong or my items weren't going through. I have one more group to download and I am done thank goodness. All these items came from two different estates, plus some from my Mom and Grandpa, some from my brother. I had no idea there would be this much until I pulled it all out and starting photographing. I hope my pictures and descriptions are ok. I will be sending the next group shortly. Again thank you for your help.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 4 months ago.

Yes, with the amount it has taken me time to look them up I hope to post this evening all my values thank you for your patience.