LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

How can I get an appraisal of a Murano glass chandelier?

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is Tanya I am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. Is there a name or signature anywhere on the piece? Also what is the measurement of the chandelier?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The chandelier is not an antique. It is a new piece from Massimiliano Schiavon Art Team Sri, Murano, Italy. The base is 36" by 20" with 26 wires suspending 77 glass discs that hang down 43" inches for the longest. Each unique disc has 3 led lights and there are 11 led spot lights in the base. I have a "Statement of Value for Insurance Purpose" dated May 5, 2016 from the art house that lists the value as 30,150 euro. That converts to $34,600 on that date. My insurance company wants an appraisal from a certified domestic appraiser.

Thank you for the clarity on what you need I will do a Statement of Value for insurance purposes and post back here when completed. When I am done you may print it out and use it for the insurance on the piece. Thank you

Statement of Value for Insurance Purposes

Presented before me is a Murano Chandelier

base 36" x 20" with 26 wires suspending 77 glass discs that hang 43" down at longest point

each disc has 3 LED lights and 11 LED spot lights on the base lighting down

This was made from the Massimiliano Schiavon Art Team- Murano Italy

It is in excellent condition and I have found no chips, cracks or breakage in the chandelier

The value on this chandelier in today's market is $39,500.00 for insurance purposes.

I have spoken to the Massimiliano Company myself today to obtain the most current value

and there are no two pieces the same.

I certify I have no monetary interest or otherwise in this item and have only provided the appraisal for insurance purposes based on the most current information and values for this chandelier.

I am a certified appraiser at Justanswer.com and am a licensed graduate of Asheford Institute of Antiques

I appraise all items modern, vintage and antique. You may view my profile here at www.justanswer.com under LadyTanya65.

About LadyTanya65

25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

I've been an Expert on JustAnswer since October 2010, and I’m ready to answer your Antiques questions.

To date, I have 1108 satisfied customers who have indicated that they are happy with the answers they received from me - and I'm ready to answer your Antiques questions right now.

If you have a Antiques question you would like to ask me, just enter it into the box on the left so I can get started right away. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

Note from JustAnswer: LadyTanya65's 2+ years as an antiques Appraiser was verified on or around October 2010 by a leading third-party verification service.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site.

Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not at all satisfied. What you have provided is not an official appraisal that would be accepted by an insurance company. An appraisal must be on a letterhead of a certified appraiser with registration numbers indicated. I cannot use the information that you have provided. I had requested an appraisal for insurance purposes and that is not what was provided. I should not be charged. I was not provided what was promised. I will dispute any charges with my credit card company.