Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

The people's cyclopedia of universal knowledge 1897 6

Customer Question

the people's cyclopedia of universal knowledge 1897 6 volumes eaton & mains new York plus the people's cyclopedia and dictionary 1897 6 volumes eatpn & mains new york
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: people's cyclopedia of universal knowledge has 6 volumes, 100 special contributors, 300 maps and charts, 3292 pages. the other set of 6 volumes, people's cyclopedia and dictionary, has 50,000 definitions of words and topics, plus numerous illustrations,3292 pages. Both sets partially leather-bound. All maps, photos and illustrations intact. No pages missing. Condition good considering age. Does that info help you to estimate value?
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of. I found Abe.Books had one copy of first set for sale at $750. No info from Abe on dictionary set I have,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Would it be possible to upload a photo of the title page of the first volume, for each set?

Jennifer