rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

We have A four panel artwork of Winnie the Pooh signed by

Customer Question

E.H. Shephard
They look to be pencil sketches.Each panel is approximately 4 x 6". Anil one is of Tigger falling from a tree being caught my blanket below the second use a brick arch bridge over a river with Winnie the Pooh looking down and Eore floating in the water. The third has numerous small sketches one being Pooh on a branch his back towards you with honey jars on the branch and six smaller sketches of Pooh below. The fourth is a child holding Pooh doll walking down the stairs holding the handrail at the bottom is a chapter in page number listed.
Would you be able to help with an appraisal?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the pieces,
signatures if any and back of piece for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have attached pictures. They are framed and sealed with paper on the back of the frame. I did not remove it to look at the back of the pictures for any markings . Due to the lighting the pictures have a yellowish tint to them which is not accurate they are actually white in color. I thank you for your systems. Please let me know if there are more questions to answer.

This framed art is a print of drawings by artist EH Shepard, the artist that illustrated the Winnie The Pooh books.

These were first drawn in the late 1920's and were released as postcards and prints for many years after.

There are several different framed prints of these pencil drawings, so I can value your piece at $50 to $70.00 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.