rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

How do I find out what type of vintage stole, my mother left

how do I find out what type of vintage stole, my mother left me. It is very soft black, looks like maybe silk for the lining with light floral pattern, it has two side pockets. My mother bought from the Hudson Fur Shop in Bristol, Ct, where she lived. Not sure when she purchased it. Can you Help? Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

I am working with Customer Service to get the pictures re-sent to me.

I never did get them and I am so sorry for that.

I will work on the answer as soon as I get these photos, thanks!

I got them! Again, my apologies for the mess up with the pictures.

This is a 1950's black ranch mink stole with silk lining sold by the Hudson Fur Shop in CT.

The value of the throw if there are no holes, stains or moth damage is $400 to $500.00 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Varagesale.com, Ioffer.com, Ebay and letgo.com.

You took really great photos, so I don't see why you couldn't try to sell this on a web auction site on your own and get a good price.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.