LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

I would like to know who manufactured my metal glider and if

Customer Question

I would like to know who manufactured my metal glider and if the swinging parts are correct
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you Please allow me to look over the photo and research this piece. Are there any markings or names on this glider?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I dont see any markings

Hi thank you for the information This is a Basket-weave Variety 3 -Seat Glider. There is no way of knowing who manufactured the glider without a marking on the piece. There were several companies that produced them. It looks to be a Bunting Glider however it would say Bunting Glider Co on the bottom of the angle iron or the bottom portion of the seat. If it glides smoothly the value is 450-500.00 in today's market as is. The piece looks to be in great shape.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is the bottom mechanism matching on this glider? I don't know what it is but it is definetly not a bunting glider the weave pattern is not even close to their dimensional weave pattern. so far i am extremely unimpressed with your answer. You didn't even read my question and respond to it.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The piece is not in great shape the metal is ripped in 2 spots and there is a screw through the metal on the front where it doesnt even belong. But really that is immaterial i didn't ask you if it was in great shape or what it was worth at all.

Hello I will opt out and let the question open to other appraisers to see if they can help you. You stated it has no markings and there is no way to say who made this glider with certainty. This is considered to be in very good to great shape even with the imperfections and the fact that it is a working glider. The pattern is a basket weave 3 seat glider and that is not a pattern only to Bunting. I will opt out and another appraiser will help you if known.