rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

In cleaning my parents house since they have passed away I

Customer Question

In cleaning my parents house since they have passed away I found a painting that is framed and has a tag on that says " In The Tetons " R. Wood. What would this be worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

This is actually a print and not an original oil painting. The brass plaque is the giveaway sign that this is a print and not a painting because this is how the companies marketed his work. The prints often have a printed title and state "Winde Fine Prints," "Illinois Molding Company," "Donald Art Company," "International Gallery," "Gellman Fine Prints," "Turner Wall Accessory," or "Windsor Art Products," with an inventory number. These distributors sold reproductions, not originals. They were often printed on textured surfaces that would appear to be a painting by the untrained eye.

This print was created in the late 1960's to early 70's and has a value of $60 to $80 as home decor.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.