Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a statue that is made of chalk or something like

Customer Question

I have a statue that is made of chalk or something like that. It is a lady sitting in a chair with pink robes and a headpiece and mantle ...she looks to be holding a scroll and there are two uprights or standards on either side of her that looks like a scroll or maybe a flag rolled up . It is about 10" tall looks to be middle eastern no markings on it anywhere...maybe be representation of the Madonna but no child. Any thoughts on it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Randy Tiller***@******.*** user name
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Why in the heck cant you make this simple like reply to email with all these instructions and attach the photo. My God this is a cluster way to do anything. Refund my money to the same account you took it from and forget it. I will put it on ebay or something and get rid of it. Just answer was absolutely no help at all.

Hello Randy

The Just Answer website, is a place that a customer can ask a question. The appraisers ( me ) do not work for the site, they are not at some office working for just answer. We come to the site to answer what a customer might ask. The site communicates with the customer in an email letting them know a customer has responded to a question they ask. The customer then responds to the appraiser, by clicking on something in the email that brings them to this area to communicate with the appraiser.

A customer cannot attach an image to an email because it will not reach the expert, it will simply go to the No reply in email. Which means it is dead.

The customer has to upload any images to this message area so an appraiser will see the image.

Just Answer is only a go between for a customer and an appraiser.

If you wish to get a refund, you will need to do this.

Glenda

If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####/p>