Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Received oil painting (approx. 24"wide x 30"tall) from

Customer Question

Received oil painting (approx. 24"wide x 30"tall) from Benedictine Sisters - subject is a woman and child and they each have a halo. Also The woman's hand only has three fingers. While we have no documentation to confirm, the Sisters advised this paining was bought to Oklahoma Territory circa 1880 for the new convent in Guthrie, OK. It has been I Pennsylvania for some time prior to that time and originally came from Germany in the early to mid 1800's. It is painted in the style of the Old Masters and the Sisters said they understood it was part of a large commission by the Vatican (??).
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations, if you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me.

Who is the artist of this painting?