rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have an original acrylic painting from someone names Hans.

Customer Question

I have an original acrylic painting from someone names Hans Baker. It came to our family from Grandparents house in Souix City Iowa. Is there anything worth pursuing additional info here or just a local thing?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 3 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting,
signature and any labels on the back.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Below are the pics you requested. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I should also mention there are no labels on the back. It is canvass and this definitely an original. I know it is at least 50 years old but could be much older.

Thank you for the photos.

This painting, acrylic on canvas by Hans Baker, was created in the 1950 to 1960 time period based on the style of painting and type of frame.

He was not a listed artist, and was likely a regional artist that worked in the area of Iowa or wherever your grandparents found the piece.

The first name is ***** ***** there were a lot of German immigrant families from the Amana colonists that settled in Iowa in the mid to late 1800's, so he could have been a descendant of those families that settled in that state.

This painting has a current value of $40 to $60 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.