Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I'm looking to find out information on these 2 Chinese

Customer Question

I'm looking to find out information on these 2 Chinese swords - how can we know if it is a replica or authentic ? What is the writing on it ? What time period could it be from ? I should add that it is possibly from the family of Sun Yat Sen . He was born in here in Kula , Hawaii and his brother and continuing family have been property owners forever here . There are a few pieces of Chinese art that have landed in a very dusty old shop that I have fallen in love with . Thank you !
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations, if you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me.
.

The only way you can be sure these are Antique is to have them looked at in person by an Appraiser who specializes in items such as this. You can find an appraiser by googling Antique Appraiser, Asian, include your area in the search this will narrow down who is available in your area. They can look at this and be able to tell you how old it is and a value.

Glenda