Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

A Child's Garden of Verses,Stevenson,published by Barse and

Customer Question

A Child's Garden of Verses,Stevenson,published by Barse and Hopkins ,New York
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Light brownish embossed papery binding and a picture of Robert Louis Stevenson holding a cigarette on the inside. No date
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: i don't know?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

Please tell me the date of publication.

Kind Regards,

Doris

If another professional enters our exchanges, feel free to tell them that you are working with me if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no date..

Thank you for the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should return within 20 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

If another professional enters our exchanges, please feel free to tell them you are working with me, if you wish.

My research indicates that your book A Child's Garden of Verses by Stevenson and published early 20thC by Barse & Hopkins would have an estimated retail value of $47.50.

See the following image.

In general, a private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of estimated retail value.

You can set the retail price at what you see others are selling for in retail shops online or in the retail shops around you.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 10% more than retail values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put "For Doris Only" at the first of the question, most professionals on the site will respect that request.

If another professional enters our exchanges after my answer here, please feel free to tell them you are working with me, if you wish.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Kind regards,
Doris