Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers

I have a Josef of Hollywood necklace ,signed in block print

Customer Question

I have a Josef of Hollywood necklace ,signed in block print ,but it's silver . Could this be from the 30s or 40s? Looks like shields
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please add a clear picture of the back of this piece and one of the marks. A picture of the front, showing the entire necklace would also be great!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did send a pic of the necklace

Yes, you did! But it's not the complete necklace. I need to see the entire thing, including the clasp, and I need to see both the back of the necklace and the hallmarks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is the best pic I could get, clasp and hallmark.

That's just what I need!

This hallmark was in use from 1938 until the present day. The style of the necklace clearly comes from the early part of that era - 1938 - 1949.

If your necklace is in excellent condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $1,125. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $450.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much for the info

Happy I could help! Please rate my service now.