Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have an 3 tier table made of either copper or brass. It

Customer Question

We have an 3 tier table made of either copper or brass. It is supported by 3 rods (also made of copper or brass. Both rods and tiers are intricately designed. Therr is a madallion like design at the center of each tier and a female head on top of each rod. The only markings we can discern are located under the bottom tier. They are the numbers 7184 and the words "pat" and "pend".
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only one close up picture with the inquiry. Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the table and marks that you have described. After that, give me some time to research for you. No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I do respond, thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Interestingly, I decided to google the markings mentioned to you in the description (pat pend 7184) and immediately obtained information regarding this gilted brass victorian table. I honestly feel as if I have just thrown away $39, but that's on me. In the future, I will endeavor to do personal research first before contacting "antique experts".

Great! I am glad you found the information on your table.

It is part of protocol to ask for photos of a piece and marks so that we can

be accurate before answering, so I was just doing my job and trying to

get all of the information in front of me before I completed an answer.

Have a great day!