Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a dining room table of my mother's that she purchased

Customer Question

I have a dining room table of my mother's that she purchased in the late 1940's. When I was having her estate sale someone said it was a Duncan Phyte table. I am interested in selling it but am not sure if it's an original or reproduction. How can I tell for sure?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations, if you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me.

The table dates to the 40's, it is a reproduction of the original Duncan Phyfe from the 18thC.

Are you wanting a market value for this?

Glenda