Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an old oval shaped table with a pattern of diamond

Customer Question

I have an old oval shaped table with a pattern of diamond shaped inlays and marquetry in the top. Can you send a person to assess this piece ,?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I purchased the table at a Church auction ,it's supposed to be from 1870 or so
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It folds up vertically and may have ivory wheels to roll it around on.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

Please send a photo of your table top and one that shows the tipping mechanism on the bottom of the top.

To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

I also would like to know the distances across the oval table.

Kind regards,

Doris

If another professional enters our exchanges, feel free to tell them that you are working with me if you wish.