Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a gorgeous suite of mid-century Danish modern bedroom

Customer Question

I have a gorgeous suite of mid-century Danish modern bedroom furniture
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It was my aunt's...purchased in New Jersey but manufactured in the midwest...perhaps Michigan. The only name I can find inside is "savannah" which must be the design for catalog purposes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I can't seem to locate a manufacturer, but I know it's almost 60 years old and in gorgeous condition.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK OK here are pictures. Please don't keep charging my credit card a monthly charge every month. I don't own a furniture store, I just have ONE bedroom set.

Hello

Are you wanting the current selling price on today's market ?

Hello my name is Glenda,
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
Please note I am unable to do live phone conversations, if you get a message asking to do a phone call, this is not from me. A phone call will not help get this valued, all that was needed is to know if you were wanting the current market selling value? I am supplying all the different values for you.
.

The Mid Century Modern Danish It has an estimated retail ( Book Value , Insurance replacement ) of $6,000.00-10,00.00 The price they would sell for in an Antique shop, or high end Antique Website would be -$6,000.00-8,000.00 and higher depending where it is located. Auction values on places such as Ebay on today's market they are only bringing an average of $3,500.00-4,800.00 depending on who bids on it. That does not mean you cannot ask whatever you would like for this, there is no set rule that says you have to sell for auction price or even the retail value. Items are sold all the time for much more then they are worth and sadly at times for much less then they are worth. If it were mine and I was selling it, I would list this for $4,800.00-5,200.00 and see how it does. If it did not sell then I would hang onto it for a bit and try again. Selling always depends on the right person coming along and wanting what you have.. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. ,
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
As appraisers we do not work for the Just Answer Site. We are independent appraisers who are verified to answer questions for the Just Answer site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give. You must click one of the stars ( or rate expert ) in order for us to be compensated for answering your question. Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this. If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.
.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
:) ( smiles )
.
Please keep in mind if another expert answers behind me and you are happy with my answer, please make sure to click the rating for me! It may appear confusing since their answer would come in to your email after mine does.
.
Glenda