rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a Seth Belmont No. 4 Mantle clock with original label

Customer Question

I have a Seth Thomas Belmont No. 4 Mantle clock with original label from 1913 purchased at Krenek's Clock Haven in Rockford, IL on 07-26-1919. The clock is currently not working. I would like to sell it, but I'm not sure what it is worth in non-working, but excellent condition with very little wear and no scratches.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

A 1913 Seth Thomas Belmont no 44 clock has a value of $250.00 in working condition.

Usually, they just need a cleaning because dust gets mixed with the oils in the movement and the works get gummed up. A cleaning would cost about $45.00. Of course, there could be a broken mainspring, which would be more expensive.

In non-working condition, it would have a value of $100.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.