rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I bought a Gaston Lachaise sculpture of a honeybee on a

Customer Question

I bought a Gaston Lachaise sculpture of a honeybee on a marble base, it has G LACHAISE ALVA STUDIOS (not ALVA MUSEUM REPRODUCTION as I have seen on other pieces by online research.) What does this mean and can you estimate a value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the item and any marks, labels or writing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
G. LACHAISE ALVA STUDIOS (NOT ALVA MUSEUM REPRODUCTION) NO LABELS OR OTHER MARKS

This is a sculpture of bee on marble base, a reproduction of

the original that resides in the Philadelphia Museum of Art,

created by Gaston Lachaise (1885-1935). This piece marked G. Lachaise/Alva Studios

has a current value of $40 to $50.00 retail. This piece was highly reproduced by this

company with both the Alva Studios and Alva Museum Reproduction mark.

A statue with either of the two different marks used by this company have the same value.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer, thanks!

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.