rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I would like info on some vintage bamboo furniture. I have

Customer Question

I would like info on some vintage bamboo furniture. I have pictures
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have several bamboo chairs and a table my mother bought in Palm Springs ca.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Yes I have a picture of the table base it has a large glass top as well but the picture only shows the base
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/EKi4ngX2/image.jpghttp://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/G2tLnzmb/image.jpg
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.

The chairs-how many of them are there of each style or are these the only two chairs that you have?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There are two of the larger chairs and four of the smaller plus a glass top for the table

The chairs with the blue cushions are 1950-1970 Chinese Chippendale style rattan and bamboo tiki chairs and have a value of $50 each. Take the cushions off and check that the caning is all in good shape there before you sell, mention any breaks if there are any.

The other chair is a vintage 1960 bamboo and rattan dining chair, value of $75.00 each.

The table, four wood pillars with glass top, circa 1970-80, has a value of $50 to $70.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.