Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers

Identifying marks on the dolls what sizes do i look for? I

Customer Question

Identifying marks on the dolls what sizes do i look for? I have about 6 2 or 3 are 2.5 to 3 ft. Tall ,2or3 are about 2 ft tall total porcelain,lags,arms ,head look like 1800s has a stand floor into its head through its body.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll and the marks that you have described.
Also look on the back of her neck or shoulder for any more marks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well there are 10 dolls smaller ones are hard plastic,large ones are porcelain,let me know if you get the pictures?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ho yea one doll has a 220.00 price tag in its dipper?

I will opt-out as these are not familiar to me. Another expert will answer in my stead. I will not be able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 4 months ago.

Hello Jim,

My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help.

You have a collection of modern dolls, most of which are reproductions or fantasy items. They are all limited edition productions, and the problem with those is that they have virtually no secondary market. I have seen boxes and boxes of them at auctions, with the auctioneer trying to get a $10 bid on the entire box. The original prices have no bearing on their current value.

If your dolls are in excellent condition, their current retail values average approximately $20 each.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you Jim.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!