Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We have a large brass tray with about 10 brass items on it -

Customer Question

we have a large brass tray with about 10 brass items on it - this is on a stand - It was brought to US from China - after world war 2 she was a nurse and this is one of the things she got to bring home....she gave it to my mother-in law when she had to move to a nursing home. wondering if it had any value it has beautiful engraving/designs all every piece and on the big tray ?????
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can I cancel this and get a refund-----this brass tray etc is not at my home it is at my step sisters about 600 miles from me and I do not know when and how I could get a picture - a may be Christmas before I get a picture please advise if u can cancel and give me a refund I just wanted to know IF you thought it had any value please reply soon as possible thanks

Hello

If you can tell me a little details on this I can give you an estimate of value. Such as what size it is what is on it? You said it has 10 brass items on it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have NO more money to spend - so can you give me a refund maybe in a few months I can obtain a picture and then we will go on with this

Hello

I have no idea what you mean, I did not ask for more money. I assume you got a pop up of some kind from the Just Answer site, about more money. We appraisers are not employees of the site, we do not work for them, we come to the site to value what customers post there. If you can tell me what you have, describe it I can give you an estimate of value.

It will not cost you anymore money.

Glenda