Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I would like to know more info on this wooden box I

Customer Question

I would like to know more info on this wooden box I purchased at an auction. The hand painted picture on the lid drew my attention to it. It is 15 7/8" long x 11 3/8" wide x 5 1/4" high. The lid is hinged. I have researched it under Religious Art, Mexican Art, Monks and Monasteries and Folk Art. In my research I believe the church in the back ground is Saint Augustine Church located at Isleta Pueblo. It was 1st named St. Anthony in the year 1613. I believe the picture is a depiction of "the mystical lady in blue" and the Archbishop Maniso speaking Perea, who brought him the letter about the mystical lady in blue. I would like to have an idea of age, artist, and value if any. Thank you!!!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

This is one I am not familiar with, so I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer. Do still consider requesting me for other items, thanks!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you!!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm just checking to see if my question on the wooden box got lost in the shuffle or if nobody wants to tackle it!! Do I have to submit the description and pictures over again?