Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Thanks me. i just acquired a bunch of art at some estate

Customer Question

Hi, thanks for hitting me. i just acquired a bunch of art at some estate sales but i don't have a clue what its worth or where to sell it. i think some is original and some def signed and #'d lithographs. do you charge to appraise per piece? or is there a volume discount??? lol
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. After your first paid question, we offer a week's free trial membership when you can ask as many questions as you like. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: thanks = Tom
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i just signed up for trial and service. do you just appraise antiques or do you do framed art as well? i have only 1 set of antique chairs but mostly signed art
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how do appraisals work? i send pictures and you provide guidance? i hope..
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Tom

In the appraisal category, we do art as well as antiques. We can do art if we can find the artist who has signed the piece, we can give a value of what something would sell for as unknown artist if the artist does not have work sold in the past 12months or so, or their sold work has not been recorded. We use art data bases, as well as have access to past auctions and some gallery's sold prices. We cannot appraise art, in other words value a painting for what it is, since we cannot see it in person to see all the different aspects of what it is, in style, composition etc.

We also appraise antiques, give values of what they are valued at on today's market.

Appraisers answer questions for the customer once that question is answered the customer rates it and the appraiser is compensated by the site. Then the customer can ask another question , and so on.

I will be happy to help you if you send a picture of one of your pieces as well as a close up of the signature if there is one.